Audi automobiles are a force for innovation and design excellence. Whether you’re driving the sleek and sexy R8 Roadster, the luxurious Q7, or the modern electric Audi A8 L, you’re piloting a vehicle that defies convention and pushes the limits of automotive engineering. Progress is what moves Audi.
To keep your Audi moving, you first need to establish a relationship with a shop that provides reputable Audi repair in Houston. Professionally trained technicians are your best resource for maintaining the high standards required to keep your Audi operating at peak performance. Beyond that, the following are five things you can do to keep your Audi running smoothly:
- Follow the Maintenance Schedule. Luxury cars like Audi are prized for their precision; it’s this precision that sets them apart from the competition. But accuracy requires careful maintenance; minor issues can affect the performance of your luxury automobile. Always diligently follow the maintenance and service schedules provided by Audi.
- Know Your Vehicle. While you may not be a trained technician, you are the individual with the most regular contact with your Audi; pay attention. Make it a habit to inspect your car inside and out on a monthly basis. Check the tires and the pressures. Peek under the hood to take a look at the belts and hoses to see any signs of wear. Be aware of leaks and squeaks. At the first sign that something seems amiss, contact your trusted technician for resolution.
- Be Aware of the Small Things. Safe driving is the number one way you can prolong the life of your vehicle. Small things like giving the car time to warm up, avoiding hard braking, and practicing gentle acceleration go a long way to maintaining the health of your Audi. But that’s not all you can do. Make sure your headlights are clean and in working order and that your windshield wiper blades are doing their job. Good visibility prevents accidents.
- Use the Right Gas. You might be tempted to think that higher octane fuels are simply a gimmick to get you to spend more at the pump, but this is not true. Getting the most life out of your Audi depends upon using the gas recommended by the manufacturer. Here’s why:
The octane rating on modern gasoline is a measure of the fuel’s ability to resist “knock;” the higher the octane, the higher the resistance. Knock is the sound made by an internal combustion engine when fuel is compressed in the cylinder before the spark plug firing. The technical terms for “knock” are detonation or preignition. When fueling up, you need to know that “knock” robs your engine of power and, over time, can cause damage. Audi engines, especially those with turbo or superchargers, require high-octane fuel to prevent preignition damages. Always use fuel with the octane rating recommended in your owner’s manual.
- Keep it Clean. Sure, a dirty car runs as smoothly as a clean one and is likely to be just as fun to drive, but keeping your car looking its best is essential to maintaining its value. Wash your Audi regularly to remove dirt, bugs, road salt, and bird droppings. Left to sit on the paint, these substances will dull the finish. Give your vehicle a good coating of wax several times a year; in addition to a great shine, waxing gives your car an added layer of protection. Vacuum and dust the interior to keep things looking their best.
Protect Your Investment
Taking good care of your Audi protects your investment and prolongs the life of your car. With care and regular Audi maintenance in Houston, you can enjoy your vehicle for miles and miles. Visit Bemer Motor Cars today.